Sunday, December 21, 2014

Sally Hansen Lush from the Velvet Texture Collection

 Hello my pretties!  I can't believe December is almost gone, I seem to have fallen way behind with my swatching situation, oops!  I must apologize, if you follow me on Instagram, you know I have not been away from polish in general, just my blog.  I think I will be writing my blog posts during my lunch hour and see how that works, because I just can't seem to stay up long enough to do it at night anymore, I am waaay tired by like 9:00 pm which is INSANE!  ME!!!  The "Night Swatcher"!  I feel like a farce.  Let's move onto today's polish before I start having a cyber-existential crisis, these ultra-early mornings are supposed to be a temporary thing anyways.

Today, I have Lush, from the Velvet Texture Collection by Sally Hansen to share with you all,  let's take a look!
Sally Hansen Lush
Lush is a very pretty taupe nude with a matte finish and subtle texture.  When I say subtle, I mean reeeeally subtle.  You are looking at two coats for these pictures, no base/top coats.
As you can see, there is a definite texture to these polishes in addition to the matte finish, which makes sense because that is what velvet looks like.  This shade also reminds me of a cement wall, and that is ok by me because it got my creative motors going, lol.
 What do you think about this finish?  I like the velvet concept, but to be honest I feel like the texture should also include some form of shimmery particles so it doesn't look so dull, because it leans more "wall" than "velvet" to me at this point, and for some reason I want to tag it with graffiti and/or glitter, I think I might go with both ;)


I hope everyone has a lovely Monday!

Until next time,
-Yadi

3 comments:

  1. I do like this nail polish, surprisingly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica <3, I like it too! It's definitely a unique little fella :).

      Delete
  2. i love this texture matte ! my style ;) ✿◠‿◠✿

    ReplyDelete