Tuesday, December 16, 2014

ILNP Ultra Chrome Flakies: Metropolis

Hi guys!  I have been meaning to try out some indie nail polishes for a long time, but the part of the brain in charge of delaying gratification is a bit off with me so I am not a big fan of internet shopping.  I find the process of polish hunting and same-day swatching therapeutic, but I was aware I was missing out big-time.   "I'm treating myself to some indies for Christimas though!" I told myself all year.

Well, Christmas came early for me last week, in the form of some magical polishes I was nice enough to order for myself last month, teehee!  When I saw that ILNP was coming out with multi-chrome (Ultra Chrome is the official term on the site) flakies, I ordered five shades even though it was a pre-sale because flakies.  Also, multi-chrome.  And Christmas.  How could I not?!?!  Today I am showing you Metropolis, check it out!
ILNP Metropolis
It was very hard narrowing my picks down to five shades out of the thirteen(!) they have available.  I kind of kick myself on the shins for not ordering them all because they are sold out at the moment. Chuckles tried to convince me initially I would regret not ordering the entire collection (since it was a special occasion), but I figured I'd order the rest later if I was blown away by the first five.  MISTAKE!   

 I don't even know how to describe this polish.  What you are looking at are two coats over a black polish, and topcoat.
 The shift in this shade goes from blue, to aqua, to purple, to pink, to rose to copper to green.


 I was unable to pick up a few of the colors on camera, you can see a bit of copper in this last picture.
What do you guys think?  Metropolis is actually the only one I have tried so far, and I am wearing it as I type this post still.  This shade seemed to have the least drastic color shift in the bottle, so I am very excited to try out the rest, but not ready to take this off my nails until there is a chip in them.

I purchased this polish on the ILNP website for $12.50

I hope you guys are having a great week, until next time!
-Yadi

6 comments: