Friday, October 3, 2014

Milani Velvety Violet from the Textured Creams Collection

*Purchased by me*

Hello my pretties, today I have a brand new shade from Milani's new Textured Creams Collection, it's called Velvety Violet.  I only picked up this shade so far, but I am certainly going back for more this weekend, I think it's lovely, let's have a look!

Milani Velvety Violet

If you follow me on Instagram, you probably saw me share the following display here.

Update: it looks like this display is actually from fall 2013, I am not sure why it was delayed to be widely available but there you go.  You can find swatches for all shades here.

Milani Textured Creams Collection
I was genuinely surprised to find this at K-Mart for a couple of reasons.  First of all, I was pretty sure that Milani had phased out this particular shape and bottle size.  I have seen many stores clearance the entire core line to replace it with those tubular bottles, which are very cute but hold a bit less product. The other surprise factor here was the fact that not only is this collection in the classic (can't really say "old") bottles, but they are also textured. 
 Velvety Violet is a dusty, grayed out dark purple.  I am wearing two coats for these pictures, but this shade was opaque and pretty after one!

The formula on this shade was perfection.  It was most definitely a one-coater, you can watch my application video on my brand-spanking-new youtube channel over here:

This is clearly a work in progress guys, the video shows up a LOT darker than it really is, the pictures are more true to life.  

What do you guys think of this shade? Have you seen this collection in you area?

You guys!  I am putting together a little giveaway so stay tuned, I will have the details up late (late!) tonight :)

-Yadi

6 comments: