Monday, September 15, 2014

New York Cosmetics Fashion Queen Collection, Fall 2014 Limited Edition

*Purchased by me*

Hello friends!  I am excited to finally bring you the rest of NYC's Fall 2014 Fashion Queen Collection.  We have so many shades to get through today: six glitters, one shimmer, one creme and one metallic, so let's get to it!
NYC Fashion Queen Collection

Just a couple of things before we get started.  First, I am wearing two coats of each polish and topcoat for all swatches today.  All the formulas were very consistent in that sense.  Second, the bump that shows up on my ring finger in a couple of shots is actually my nail peeling, and not the polish bubbling up, so my apologies for that. 


Okay! The first shade I have for you today turned out to be my personal favorite: Ruby Queen. 
NYC Ruby Queen

 Ruby Queen is a Red jelly base with red and pink glitter.  There is clearly a soft spot in my heart for red jellies with glitter, so it's no surprise that it instantly became my favorite.

The second shade I have for you from this collection is Queen's Jewels.
NYC Queen's Jewels

Queen's Jewels is a green jelly base packed with green small glitter.

The third shade I have for you is NYC Blue Majesty.
NYC Blue Majesty
Blue Majesty is an ocean blue jelly with small blue glitter.
Up next we have the gold shade in this collection: Fashion Queen
NYC Fashion Queen
 
Fashion Queen is one of the two glitters in this collection that don't have a jelly base and instead are more metallic-looking.
The next shade up is NY Princess, a purple jelly base with a variety of glitter.
NYC NY Princess
NY Princess should look familiar to us (wink, wink) and you can see my original post for NY Princess here, I decided to re-swatch it for today's post to keep my nail length consistent.
 The next shade is the last glitter in this collection, it is also the other glitter which is not suspended in a jelly base but in a metallic foil base instead.  This is Rule The City.
NYC Rule The City
Rule The City is a metallic foil base with small orange/red glitter.
  I compared it to Sinful Colors Black Magic and China Glaze Loco-Motive here
The next shade we have is the metallic shimmer in this collection: Crown Gold.
NYC Crown Gold
Crown Gold is a very interesting shade of gold.  I can almost perceive some hints of salmon along with a yellow lit-from-within feel to it.  I can't say it flatters my skin very much, but I still like it! 
The Creme they gave us in this collection is Royal Chic and it's this dark coffee brown.
NYC Royal Chic

The finish on Royal Chic is super reflective, but I experienced a little bit of bubbling with the application, so it was not really a good idea to bring you pre-topcoat shots.  I tried to go really thin with my coats but alas... I seem to have a heavy hand.
The last shade is right up my alley and my favorite of the three non-glitters, it's called Queen of the City. 

NYC Queen of the City
Queen of the City is a deep wine-red shimmer, it has a bit of a vampy vibe.
Final thoughts:  I really liked this collection!  I can see myself reaching for the glitters during the holidays and Mardi Gass.  As far as Favorites: Ruby Queen.  Hands down.  WOW!  So much depth and shine. 

I purchased these polishes at K-mart, they retail for around $1.99.  I used the $1.00 off coupons attached to this display, so in the end I paid under one dollar for each shade.  Do you have any of these shades yet?  What is your opinion on them?

-Yadi

2 comments:

  1. Great collection. I like all shades, maybe the golds the least but what a stunning red, purple, green and the last vampy one :)

    ReplyDelete