Wednesday, September 24, 2014

FingerPaints Film Noir Collection: My Favorites

 *Purchased by me*

Hello my pretties!  Today we are taking a little break from the dark fall colors I have been featuring in the last few posts,  and instead I have my favorite shades from the FingerPaints Film Noir collection, which came out sometime in August.  I passed up the dark purple shade (Film Noir) and the lip-stain, so I only have three of the four nail polishes that make up this collection to share with you today.  I wasn't too crazy about Film Noir when I purchased these, it reminded me a bit of Sinful Colors Black Cherry.  I can see from swatches now that Film Noir is decidedly more purple, so maybe I will pick it up when it goes on clearance, but right now I am not feeling an urge to go pay full price for it, so we'll see what happens.  But back to the polishes I did get, let's have a look!
FingerPaints Film Noir Collection Favorites
The first color I have for you is Petal Obsession, a baby pink with matte finish.  You are looking at four coats: no base or topcoat.
FingerPaints Petal Obsession
Next I have Beautiful Mystery, a dusty pastel turquoise with a matte finish.  I am also wearing four coats here, no base or topcoat.
FingerPaints Beautiful Mystery
The application on both of these shades was very tricky, even for  mattes.  They dry SUPER fast, so you have to apply with precise, steady and quick strokes and avoid running the brush through the wet polish because it drags and you end up with bald(ish) spots.  Fun fact: I found that these polishes crackle when applied over Orly Top 2 Bottom, which I initially used as a basecoat.  I had to start over and do without the basecoat to avoid the crackle effectt, now I'm thinking I should have snapped a picture to show you guys.  I didn't even think about it, oh well.  Both colors were opaque at two coats, but you are looking at four because I added two extra to conceal brush-strokes and uneven surface spots.

The third polish I have from this collection is Hollywood Decadence, a matte glitter bomb with a dusty white base.  I applied one thick coat over both Petal Obsession and Beautiful Mystery with zero issues to report, definitely my favorite in this collection!  Here, have many pictures!
FingerPaints Hollywood Decadence
To see the other shade in this collection, Film Noir, you can check out Ximena's Swatches over at El Rincon De Los Esmaltes (Spanish blog),  Rhonda's swatches over at Nails Beautiqued and Phoebe's at Glimpses of the Moon.

I hope everyone is having a fantastic week!

 -Yadi

10 comments:

  1. Hollywood Decadence is pretty! When it comes to pink and blue mattes: I have a pink one of the Matte series made by Golden Rose and it demands many coats too and dries very fast. Its finish is like a chalk, I see the same here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Yes, just like chalk :) I really like how fast the mattes dry up, you can literally see the shine leave your nails by the second!

      Delete
  2. Ambos colores, aún siendo los típicos colores pastel, son muy bonitos pero... ¿4 capas? Buffff, es mucho!! jeje

    El topper es bonito, le da un toque diferente a cada uno :)

    Gracias por enseñarlos ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola hola, si, cuatro!!! Afortunadamente se secan rapidisimo asi que no fue mucho problema esperar entre capas, lo que me saco mas canas verdes fue la aplicacion en si :) Muchas gracias!

      Delete
  3. Cute! My favourite is Beautiful Mystery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maddy, I can't make up my mind between those two, I am more partial to glitter in general! :)

      Delete
  4. Dang it! I already swatched these and didn't think to layer Hollywood over the pastels! Great thinking because I like that look a lot better than it on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kellie! Thank you, I think it looks very pretty alone too, I am not sure why I didn't swatch it by itself, lol!

      Delete
  5. Love these swatches!
    What kind of camera do you use to take your pictures :)

    Your blog looks stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you girly! <3 It means the world to me. I use a Canon Rebel XSI, I'll have a post with my light setup coming up soon!

      Delete