Sunday, January 26, 2014

Essie Sew Psyched vs. Sinful Shine Man Hunt (Chanel Khaki Vert Dupes)

Greetings my lovelies,

Today I have a comparison post for you!  It's been a while right?  I don't have much to say for myself for this oversight other than I have been too distracted by so many sales and beautiful releases in the last couple of months to go through my stash.  But worry no longer, I did that today and now I have the results here to share with you tonight.  
Essie Sew Psyched Vs Sinful Colors Man Hunt
Essie Sew Psyched is a rumored Chanel Khaki Vert dupe.  I unfortunately (not really...) don't own Khaki Vert, but I do have a Sinful Shine that resembles Sew Psyched, and here are my alternatives to KV swatched side by side.  For the following pictures, I am wearing two coats of Sew Psyched on my pinky and middle fingers, and two coats of Man Hunt on my index and ring fingers - all topped with a coat of NYC Grand Central Station as a topcoat.
Sew Psyched is a dusty olive green creme.  In the bottle, there is a hint of silver shimmer which, as you can see, doesn't transfer very well to the nail.
Man hunt is also a dusty olive shade, although I wouldn't go as far as calling it a creme, it has a metallic feel to it -perhaps because of it's silver shimmer, it has oodles of shimmer!  The shade of green Man Hunt has is also darker than Sew Psyched, but the reality of it is that under natural light they aren't as different as my photos make them out to be.

I bought Sinful Shine Man Hunt while it retailed for $2.99 as part of the Sinful Shine core line, which is a Walgreens exclusive.   I purchased mine during one of Walgreens' BOGO 1/2 off sales a couple of months ago.

EDIT: As pointed out below by Patricia, it seems Sinful Shine line is now priced at $1.99 along with the normal Sinful Colors!
Essie Sew Psyched was released sometime in 2010.  Essie polishes retail for $8.50, however I purchased mine at my local flea market for $3 along with a couple of other shades, which is the second cheapest price I have ever paid for an Essie.


So, my conclusion:  These two shades are definitely not dupes, but unless you are a fan of dusty olive colors, you probably don't need both.  My favorite?  Man Hunt.  It is more affordable and the color seems more vivid, but... that's just my preference, they are both special in their own little way! 

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, until next time!

-Yadi

6 comments:

  1. I prefer Man Hunt too...especially after your description of "oodles of shimmer", LOLOL!! I am a fan of the Sinful Shine line because I am really loving very shiny polishes...I am the Anti-Matte Girl. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fan too, I guess I am glat at this point I didn't go bananas and buy them all now that I know the price has been permanently reduced! :) The only topcoat that has lasted me over one month is my one matte bottle, which I have used *maybe* twice so I totally know what you mean... lol!

      Delete
  2. Sinful Shines are now $1.99 and whenever Sinful's go on sale they will be apart of the sales.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, that is like music to my ears because I have shown some restriction with that line only, I guess I will now keep an eye out for the next sale at Walgreens! :) Thank you so much for the info and for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. Great blog, loving all the swatches! Thanks for following my blog, i followed back :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Omi, welcome! Thank you so much for commenting and following me, looking forward to your posts!!

      Delete