Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sinful Colors: SinfulShine - Patent Pleasure

I get excited about nail polish colors with a twist.  It's such a rush: you spot a color you like, you take it in your hand and suddenly, you realize you will not be able to put that sucker down.  Anyways, it definitely happens to me more than I'd care to admit to my non-addicted-to-polish friends, and thankfully I don't have to make such confessions to my team-mates or family.

The polish I have for you today, Sinful Colors/SinfulShine Patent Pleasure, is exactly one of those examples.  I went to Walgreens and it turns out the entire SinfulShine collection is on sale (with wellness card), so I went on a mission this week!  I really liked this color: It's a bright coral orange and upon closer inspection, it has the slightest hint of green shimmer/duo-chrome effect.  Oh God!  I tried it out today.  Here it is!




The color is lovely.  It's one of those electric tones in the bottle that you just can't pass up.  Unfortunately, the effect doesn't transfer so well on the nail.  As you can see, I was able to capture it in the picture above, but it had to be in a certain light and angle, and this time it wasn't my camera's fault.  :(

The formula wasn't the best, I had to be extremely careful not to flood my cuticles because it is a bit on the sheer side.  Here I applied three coats, no base/topcoat.  This is exactly what the polish is like indoors, really hard to catch that duo-chrome goodness even with the naked eye.



Of course, I didn't just accept this.  I mean, the orange looks pretty awesome and it's really shiny, but I added a layer of Sinful Colors - Call You Later to try and get the green goodness I expected on my nails!





All in all, it's a great buy.  I am not sure that adding the green glitter really helped my case, it overpowered the electricity in the orange.  I topped it with a layer of Wet N Wild Fast Dry Topcoat, mostly because I wasn't impressed enough to keep this more than it took to write this review :)


No comments:

Post a Comment