Sunday, September 21, 2014

Wet n Wild Megalasts from the Halloween 2014 Collection: The New Shades

*Purchased by me*

Hi everybody!  I am feeling super giddy this morning.  First of all (drum-roll please!), summer is OVER!  This marks the end of my least favorite season and it makes me so happy!  I don't even know what I like the most about the start of fall.  Chuckles and I call this time of the year "sunset season", you know what I mean?  The fluffy clouds, the colors, the light-rays... although dawns tend to be even more spectacular, in years past we were usually not up to witness them.  This year is different, there is no such thing as sleeping in now that our daughter starts school at 7:30, no matter what the adult schedules are like.  Also, Halloween is around the corner! It's all about 'dat candy, baby...

Speaking of Halloween and candy, I have some more Halloween eye candy for you guys today, this time it's the new shades from the Wet N Wild Megalast Halloween Collection, let's get to it! 
Wet N Wild Megalast Halloween Collection 2014

I am starting off with my favorite from this bunch: Happy Hour Hop.  Happy Hour Hop is a dusty purple with gold glass fleck shimmer. I am wearing two coats plus topcoat for today's pictures.
Wet n Wild Happy Hour Hop
 
The second shade I have for you is Roadwork, a gunmetal shimmer.  I am wearing two coats for the pictures below, no topcoat.
Wet n Wild Roadwork
 
 The third new shade I have for you is Pleasure Pier, a royal blue shimmer.  I am showing you two coats, no topcoat.
Wet n Wild Pleasure Pier
 
  Next up is Pot of Gold, a champagne gold shimmer.  I am wearing two coats, no topcoat for the pictures below.
Wet n Wild Pot of Gold
 This next shade is Strobe Light Stunner, a silver shimmer.  I am wearing two coats, no topcoat.
Wet N Wild Strobe Light Stunner
 
The last new shade they gave us was Power Outage, this black creme.  I am wearing two coats, no topcoat.
Wet n Wild Power Outage
 

My thoughts: I am a little bit underwhelmed by this collection's new shades, to be honest with you.  I think the colors are pretty and I had zero issues with the formulas and application, but I am pretty certain I have dupes for every single one, which is a bit of a bummer for me.  I was expecting something with a little more punch this year, especially considering the killer Halloween collection from last year.

What do you guys about these new shades?  They really made me feel malancholic for last year's, especially since one of the repromotes in this display is from that collection, I think I'll pull them out and share them for reference so you see what I mean, I never got around to putting them up on my blog anyways!

I purchased these polishes at Walgreens for around $1.99 each.  I hope you guys have a great Sunday and I wish you all a happy start of Fall!

-Yadi

13 comments:

  1. I thinking that....I want them all!
    They are beautiful :) and just perfect for this autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and I love the brush on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome! I agree, they get a lot of bad rep but I feel the brushes are perfect for avoiding the cuticle area and do a great job of picking up/distributing the polish.

      Delete
  3. Pleasure Pier and Happy Hour Hop are my picks :)
    I like June and July the most, I guess and hate November.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are great choices!! I live in a very warm area so the summers are a bit unbearable and the winters are still pretty sunny overall, save some rainy days here and there. I am sure I'll miss the summer during those days, lol. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I love Happy Hour Hop! I saw these and wasn't terribly impressed, but I think I wasn't paying attention to this one! Great pics, as usual. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! The first display I saw was missing Happy Hour Hop, I am wondering if yours didn't have it? I have a feeling I had seen all these "new" shades at the Dollar General at some point, but can't confirm it yet, lol.

      Delete
  5. All except the black one came home with me. I didn't see a need for a basic black.

    I'm wearng pot of gold now. Very pretty. Soon it'll be a base for a glitter from sinful colors, not sure which one yet... splatter spell or pumpkin spice. Fun either way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! Thank you for stopping by! I really thought about leaving Power Outage behind, but then I'd be one short! >.< I have layered Pumpkin Spice over a gold shade before (it was SC Gold Medal) and it looks really cool!

      Delete
  6. Maybe I'll go back to the store to get power outage...

    All week I wore pot of gold with the 2 glitters I mentioned above. Oh so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that must look pretty! Power Outage was a very decent black, can't beat the price! :)

      Delete
  7. I saw these tonight at walgreens and I have a feeling these are just special limited edition ones that only came out for Fall.

    ReplyDelete